It now looks like normal in Lagos state one the island axis, A popular market called Balogun has been gutted by fire again.
According to an eye witness it’s started about 10am this morning when some parts of a store was smoking. And people were packing out their goods.
Luckily for them the fire service responded at instant to their call and kept the situation calm, took care of the fire.
Spoke person for the fire service of the Lagos Island command, Adeyemo said : The shops owner were late In calling them, that instead of calling the toll free numbers which are 112 and 767. The people didn’t call, they were evacuating their goods from the shops, he added that if they had called earlier the casualties won’t be much, one person sustained injury while lot of goods got burnt.
Shops owners were seen crying out foul that the balogun market has been a place of fire everytime..
A shop owner said the last one that happened affected him while this one happening now affected his junior brother.. He urged the Lagos state government to please make electricity stable arround the market instead of the using generator everytime..
Well some shop owners said there are evildoers amongst them who purposely burnt the place up everytime this happened.. Video from the scene below.
© 2015, Premium Herald. All rights reserved.