Connect with us

News

Video: Journalist pulled out a gun on-air and shot colleague

Published

on

Warning: Disturbing video

The suspect in a deadly on-air shooting of a reporter and a cameraman in Virginia is a disgruntled former colleague who posted videos of the murders to Twitter and accused the pair of racism.

Vester Lee Flanagan, a former on-air reporter who worked under the name Bryce Williams, killed Alison Parker and Adam Ward from the Roanoke affiliate WDBJ.

The 41-year-old worked with the pair for about a year before being fired from the station, but the reason has not been made public, according to CNN.

In a Twitter rant just hours after the killings, Williams complained about the way Parker, 24, and Ward, 27, treated him because he was black.

“Alison made racist comments,” he tweeted at 10:09 a.m.

“EEOC report filed,” he said. “They hired her after that???”

“Adam went to hr on me after working with me one time!!!”

In two videos posted to the Williams’ Facebook and Twitter pages, which have since been deleted, he can be seen opening fire on Ward and Parker as they report live from the Bridgewater Plaza in Moneta, VA.

At one point, Williams’ pistol appears to be no further than 6 inches away from Parker’s face as she unknowingly continues her interview.

In addition to working in Virginia from March 2012 to February 2013, Williams also worked as a multimedia journalist and general assignment reporter at a number of stations throughout the South, including WNCT in Greenville, NC, WTWC in Tallahassee, and WTOC in Savannah, according to WDBJ.

In a video posted to Facebook in the past, the on-air reporter can be seen doing a local story about guns. In one shot, he can even be seen holding what appears to be a machine-pistol.

Williams is originally from California and graduated from San Francisco State University, according to his LinkedIn page.

The website Heavy reports that federal court records show that he sued WTWC in 2000 for “discrimination and retaliation,” but the case was settled.

© 2015, . All rights reserved.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Hurricane Ophelia kills 3 and leaves 360,000 without power in Ireland

Published

on

On Monday, Ireland was hit by Hurricane Orphelia in what officials called an “unprecedented storm” that left three people dead, more than 300,000 customers without power and shut down schools as well as government offices.

 

A police spokesman said one woman in her 50s was killed outside the village of Aglish, near the south coast, when a tree fell on her car. A female passenger in her 70s suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

 

Another man died in an accident while he was clearing a fallen tree with a chainsaw near the town of Cahir, about 35 kilometres (22 miles) further inland.

 

And the third victim was a man killed on the roads by a falling tree north of Dundalk in the northeast, close to the border with Northern Ireland, police said in a statement.

Ophelia, the largest hurricane ever recorded so far east in the Atlantic Ocean and the furthest north since 1939, was downgraded to a storm before it hit the Irish coast but nonetheless wrought havoc.

Met Eireann, the Irish National Meteorological Service said, “It will still however bring violent and destructive winds for a time,” Flooding was also expected “due to either heavy thundery downpours or storm surges in coastal areas,” the service said after issuing a red alert for the whole country.

Winds reached 191 kilometres (119 miles) per hour at Fastnet Rock, Ireland’s southernmost point, while the strongest winds recorded onshore were 156 kph (97 mph) at the entrance to Cork Harbour in the southwest.

The Electricity Supply Board said 330,000 customers were without power, due to more than 3,200 individual faults on the network.

Ophelia is the 15th named storm of the 2017 Atlantic season, which is expected to last until the end of November. Three major hurricanes; Harvey, Irma and Maria caused catastrophic damage in the Caribbean and the US Gulf Coast.

© 2017, Ikrueyen Vickky. All rights reserved.

Continue Reading

News

photos and video from the scene of the car bomb attack that killed female blogger in Malta.

Published

on

photos and video from the scene of the car bomb attack that killed female journalist, Daphne Caruana Galizia, 53, in Malta on Monday have been released.

Yesterday, we reported that the prominent journalist and blogger who made repeated and detailed corruption allegations against Prime Minister Joseph Muscat’s inner circle, was killed by a car bomb, while she was driving near the village of Bidnija in northern Malta. (Read the previous post here).

 More photos and video from the scene of the car bomb attack that killed female blogger in Malta.

The assassination was just a week after Servers hosting Galizia’s website suffered ‘unprecedented’ DDoS attack. Malta Television also reported that Caruana Galizia had filed a complaint to the police two weeks ago to say she had received threats before she was killed in the car bomb attack.

Watch video from the scene and see more photos below…

 More photos and video from the scene of the car bomb attack that killed female blogger in Malta.

 More photos and video from the scene of the car bomb attack that killed female blogger in Malta.

 More photos and video from the scene of the car bomb attack that killed female blogger in Malta.

© 2017, Ikrueyen Vickky. All rights reserved.

Continue Reading

News

..Death toll rises to 276 in Somalia’s worst bomb attack with about 300 injured in the capital

Published

on

The most powerful bomb blast ever witnessed in Mogadishu, Somalia’s capital killed 276 people with around 300 others injured, the country’s information minister,  Information Minister Abdirahman O. Osman said early Monday morning, making it the deadliest single attack in this Horn of Africa nation. The toll was expected to rise.

The attack occurred when a truck carrying explosives detonated Saturday in a crowded street packed with cars and pedestrians, near government ministries and hotels.

Death toll rises to 276 in Somalia

In a tweet, Abdirahman Osman called the attack “barbaric” and said countries including Turkey and Kenya had already offered to send medical aid. Hospitals were overwhelmed a day after a truck bomb targeted a crowded street near key government ministries, including foreign affairs.

Death toll rises to 276 in Somalia

As angry protesters gathered near the scene of the attack, Somalia’s government blamed the al-Qaida-linked al-Shabab extremist group for what it called a “national disaster.” However, Africa’s deadliest Islamic extremist group, which often targets high-profile areas of the capital, had yet to comment.

Al-Shabab earlier this year vowed to step up attacks after both the Trump administration and Somalia’s recently elected president announced new military efforts against the group.

Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmaajo said the attack showed Somalia’s enemies cared nothing for human lives.

Death toll rises to 276 in Somalia

“Today’s horrific attack proves our enemy would stop at nothing to cause our people pain and suffering. Let’s unite against terror,” he tweeted. The president declared three days of mourning and called on citizens to donate blood as hospitals struggled to save critically injured civilians.

After the president visited Medina Hospital on Sunday morning to give blood and comfort victims, hundreds more Somalis flocked to hospitals to donate blood.

Relatives of missing people arrived at hospitals Sunday desperate for news of loved ones. Others wandered around the ruins of buildings hit by the blast.

Death toll rises to 276 in Somalia

Many of the dead had not been identified, with dozens burned beyond recognition.

The Mogadishu bombing is one of the deadliest attacks in sub-Saharan Africa, larger than the Garissa University attack in Kenya in 2015 and the U.S. Embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998.

© 2017, Ikrueyen Vickky. All rights reserved.

Continue Reading

Advertisement




“Beautiful Ones (Acoustic)” from Beautiful Ones (Acoustic) – Single by Hurts. Released: 2017. Track 1 of 1. Genre: Pop.

Trending